Monday 27 April 2009

Benefit Fraud

After completing my A Levels I decided to work full time for a year before entering higher education. After several monthly payslips I was horrified to discover nearly £500 had been deducted from my pay, it was at that moment I was introduced to the harsh reality of working full time and paying tax.

It angers me that so many people commit benefit fraud and in some cases they don’t even realise their guilty of it. A perfect example being when a person claims Job Seekers Allowance while working and being paid cash in hand, also when claiming to live alone with a low income and in fact another working individual is also living there and contributing towards rent bills. It is the tax payer who funds fraudsters’ bank accounts and in my opinion these benefit thieves are as bad as shoplifters if not worse.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BenefitFraud/index.htm?cids=Google_PPC&cre=Money

1 comment: